Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tasting - The Naked Grape Chardonnay

Name: The Naked Grape Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: Not available
Price: $20 (Box)

Wine Review: "Rather than overwhelm the taste buds with oak barrels, the “Naked” wines are fruit-focused and aged in stainless steel. This is a daring feat as every nuance of the wine making process is put front and center without the shroud of oakiness, and not one usually attempted by affordable wines. I’ve had some terrible lower shelf wines that taste like serious creamy oak juice in the past. Naked Grape does make it work, and you end up with a more fruit-forward Chardonnay." - CS Hsia 

My Review: Best chardonnay I have ever tasted. A little towards the dry side, medium-bodied, and well-balanced.  I really liked how fresh and crisp it tasted with hints of pineapple. It went down very smoothly as well. I did not pair this wine with any foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment